Your game is tagged as erotic for some reason.
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
- v0.4.57 hotfix : Unit spawning getting stuck inside rocks, store trading calculation error and infinite equipment pickups - fixed
This isn't their war
Get these young soldiers into safety and in one piece.
Check out our dev blog for the list of new features :
W, S, A, D - Move Camera
Q, E / Hold Mouse Middle Click - Rotate Camera
Z, X / Mouse Middle Scroll - Zoom Camera
Space - Pause / Play Toggle
G - Use Grenade
R - Manual Reload Weapon
V - Vehicle Seat Change
T - Toggle Movement Mode
F - Toggle Fire Mode
I - Open Inventory
C/I - (Worldmap) Open Squad Info Menu
Tab - Toggle Line Of Fire UI
Left Mouse Click - Select / Change Direction
Right Mouse Click - Move / (On Enemy) Attack
Right Mouse Double Click - Move (Sprint) / (On Enemy) Move To Attack
`, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 - Selection Hotkey ( ` = Select/Deselect All)
Hold Left Shift - Faster Camera Movement / Queue Orders / Multiple Unit Selection
Hold Left Ctrl - Skip Dialogues / Walk
Share your thoughts
UW is still in an early stage of dev and we'd really like to get as many harsh critiques as possible. (Bug reports, too!)
Tell us what you like and don't!
Duke - Programming
Square - 3D Art
YM2612 - 3D art, technical art, level design
PMar - Story
Rizu - 2D Art
Follow us on twitter!
Join our dev discord!
Unzip and run executable.
- Support UW on Steam and Patreon today!29 days ago
- v0.4.56 - FIAT in encounters & bug fixes97 days ago
- v0.4.55 - Trading, balancing & bug fixesApr 04, 2019
- v0.4.52 HotfixMar 04, 2019
- v0.4.51 - Camping, hunger and wounds.(feat. MG-08)Mar 03, 2019
- v0.4.21 HotfixesJan 08, 2019
- v0.4.2 Suppression, Save Slots and of course, bug fixes.Jan 07, 2019
- v0.4.1 HotfixesNov 06, 2018
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
This has such potential to be a great game. With a bit of polish and better translation/ fluidity I could see buying this on Steam.
I tried you 0.4.57 demo in my MAC but it doesn't go after main menu. New Game button doesn't load the game engine and while Missions button render its own menu of missions I can't fire any mission. Any advice?
Hello! I apologize for the late reply. Unfortunately we do not have any MAC to test our builds (despite being able to build MAC ver. from Windows), We plan to be able to test MAC(and Linux) as soon as possible. I'm sorry for the trouble and if you don't mind, please give our next build a try, which will be released in about a month!
This was a great game to play but I've found that whenever you either enter into combat or camp in the world map, the loading screen freezes and will not load.
Other than that, I really loved it!
Thank you for playing UW!
That sounds like a bug, we'll look into it to fix it. Thanks for the bug report, too!
a really great and fun game i am really looking forward to the future of this game
So far I have played two versions (I don't remember the first one I played but it was a few months back). This game seems like it could become something really cool, but it currently isn't there yet. Keep at it and you'll have something great. Hope you like lists, because I sure do.
Some positive aspects worth mentioning:
- The weapons' 3D models are very nice and detailed, as is the tank's.
- The gameplay itself is fun.
- Getting to change units' equipment is nice, allows for more personalization.
- Getting to camp is interesting, though the towns are close enough that there is never really much need to do so.
- Interesting maps for the story missions.
- Cute supporting characters.
Some negative aspects worth mentioning:
- Currently only two guns: "bolt-action rifle"s and "pistol"s. MG08s are available for manning in some missions but you can't relocate them nor can you take one or acquire your own.
- Enemies tend to throw their grenade even if they get downed while throwing it (I think at least, though I might be mixing that up with the older version I played).
- No trading system - if you want a piece of equipment you have to get lucky and find it.
- Rations are consumed automatically while traveling, making it difficult to keep any on you especially since you only have what you start with (which isn't much) and what you find.
- Can only dig trenches while camping, cannot rotate trenches (to my knowledge).
- Cover system is finicky. At times it is unclear what you can and can't shoot over. Characters don't seem to like poking out from around the corner to shoot.
- Camera controls are lacking, can't freely angle it up/down more. Zoom doesn't actually zoom, but rather brings the camera closer to the ground.
- Character models could use some improving IMO.
A few quibbles that I would like to list:
- I'll get this one out of the way. The use of "clip" in weapon descriptions - while the rifle and pistol could use clips to reload, the rounds are still held in a magazine. For the most all-encompassing word I would suggest "capacity."
- This might just be a design decision but the main character seems excessively massive compared to the supporting characters.
- The weapons' icons, portrait display, and in-game display not matching.
- When Katya has a rifle her portrait seems to show her with a Garand, which is not a bolt-action rifle and holds eight rounds, not five.
- In-combat the model is a bolt-action rifle. Maybe a Mosin-Nagant.
- The icons and portraits seem to all show what looks like an M1911, Browning Hi-Power, or similar.
- In-combat the model is very clearly a Mauser C96.
- Worth mentioning is that M1911s, Browning Hi-Powers, and Mauser C96s all have different ammunition capacities.
- Character sheets do not have a comprehensive stat list, which would be a pleasant convenience.
- Unclear range and accuracy values on weapons when viewed in the menus.
- Pistols and rifles do the same amount of damage (IIRC, at least).
And finally, a few things I would personally like to see:
- More weapons.
- More equipment.
- More character interaction and development.
- Crew-served weapon deployment capabilities (such as bringing our own MG08). Similarly, being able to use the tank in random battles after getting it (I mean we have it with us at that point, seems kind of silly to not utilize it when we're attacked).
- More units under my command at once.
- Sandbags, barbed wire, and other player-placeable defenses.
Keep working on the game. Whether my thoughts mean anything to you is irrelevant to the fact that you have a great foundation for a great game. Keep at it, and don't give up. I look forward to this game's future.
Thank you for playing UW!
These are some great in-depth feedback that we're reading together as a team to take in to improve the game.
I can almost say that I agree with all your points, except for the bugs and design choices like MC being a relatively gaint(which will be less so once we have other tall characters).
We have new & accurate 2D sprites being worked by our artist and will gradually add more weapons and features to play with.
Thank you again and please try our future demos and share your thoughts!
Would be really great if you come hang out in our discord server : discord.gg/cckRT5t
Thank you for the kind words regarding my comment. I will certainly be trying future demos and following your progress. Also, I sincerely appreciate the invitation to your Discord channel but I never use Discord. Should that change, however, I'll be sure to stop by and say hi.
hey there, I hope it isn’t too late to leave a reply about this amazing game
I downloaded this game and played it and so far, its fun! Despite a few questionable bugs and glitches that keeps making me reset my computer. Overall the story is compelling, the gameplay is fantastic and the characters are special in their own ways
I’m well invested and interested in it’s development and growth
I give my full support for it and I hope it’s not too late
(1) Some bugs I would like to include is resetting the mission, for some reason it resets the mission but keep the injuries my character sustain and used grenades that never returned
(2) on mission 3 in Champaign mode, it seems that my objective is to eliminate 17 enemies which I believe is impossible because a sworn of enemies will just outnumbered my squad when one shot is sound. Plus, it’s made more confusing that in the mock mission mode to simulate the actual campaign mission 3, it’s objective differ and it made more sense than killing everybody just to get some parts for a tank. Would you mind look into that?
But overall, I’d say that this is a promising game with good story telling and lovable characters
7/10 cute anime soldiers :>
Thank you for your review and I'm sorry for the late reply!
I'll take notes on the bugs you encountered and work on them. I believe the new update has the fixes if they are what I think they are.
If you don't mind, join our discord and hand out!
Thank you again for the detailed comments and kind words. This is what drives me to work harder on UW!
its really good and also really hard.....
Thank you for playing UW(and for recording & sharing it!)
This seems an older demo(v0.2x) of UW, have you tried our new demo(v0.4.1)?
If not, please do and tell us about it, too!
maybe its older demo, i forgot when i download it
So I haven't played this last build for long but here are a couple of early impressions.
I don't know if this is a bug but in the world map I started an encounter with some dudes and I thought that would be just one fight but it keeps putting me up to fight new dudes up to three times which I think it's kinda tiring.
The main thing that has bothered me and I don't think this happened in the last build I played but my units keep running around on their own free will while shooting, which normally puts them out of cover and I wonder if this is a bug or they just have free will, if they move to get close to shoot with more accuracy I don't think that's good, I want them to stay where I wanted and take my chances from there.
Anyway I'll post more impressions later after I play the whole thing.
thank you for playing UW!
It seems like the new "Move mode" isn't very clear to many players. so we'll work on making it more intuitive, but you can switch it from "Move at will" to "Hold position" by clicking the UI button next to character faces or by clicking "T" button.
thanks for your feedbacks here and from other messages!
any chance for a 32bit version? ;;(
I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble playing our demo. Our build should support both 32bit & 64bit machines.
Would you mind sharing a screenshot of the problem you've encountered?
my pc just ask me to check if it is a 32x or 64x program. cannot even open.
We're working on to release a new demo soon and we'll be doubly sure on that part.
I'm sorry again and please come back to try the new demo in 3 weeks!
got it. thanks
This game has a lot of potential, but is it still being worked upon or has it been abandoned?
Thanks for playing UW!
We've been actively working on UW.
In order to focus on some big updates, we decided to skip the previous DemoDay submission.
We plan to have a new demo ready for the next DemoDay(https://itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-23).
In the mean time, please follow us in twitter(https://twitter.com/unwargame) and Discord(discord.gg/cckRT5t) and help us improve!
I think it's incredibly scummy that you submitted this game, which was created a while ago, to this game jam. The theme is completely different than your game, and your team is too large to be allowed to even participate. You've done this entirely for cheap exposure.
I'm sorry to hear about this. While it is true that I'm trying to get as much exposure as possible for feedback, I was making sure that it's not against each Jam's rules. Please let me know which jam it is and if I've missed any specification that I went against by submitting this, I'll remove the submission right away.
Which jam was it? this game is in a few jams
Well I skipped all the narrative but I liked the demo overall, feels like you are almost there to have a fully fleshed out demo that shows what the game will be all about.
My main nitpick is with the AI, they don't seem to be aware of each other not even at a minimum level and their reaction time feels unnatural and artificial. I'm guessing that giving them more human-like behaviour is something you plan to do anyway, it's just that I wished that they got startled for a sec after I starting shooting them and I also haven't noticed them moving strategically to search for cover or anything and that would be pretty cool. Since you have different ranks of enemies it would be even cooler if the higher ups moved faster or reacted faster but at the moment it sort of feels that the AI just flipped the switch between idle and combat state which feels really artificial.
The other complain I mentioned was that they are not aware of each other because I blasted half of the squad of this guy with a grenade and the other half with a exploding barrel and he hasn't moved an inch.
Poor guy maybe he is traumatised.
Anyway not the grenade neither the barrel alerted the rest of the squad and that annoyed me, it's probably easy enough to make a noise system or shared senses system between nearby characters and that would go a long way towards making them act like a real squad.
But anyway, congrats on the demo it was quite more polished than I expected and sorry for skipping the story but I get really bored with warfare plots and whatnot.
Thank you for playing and love your review!
AI is just functional at best atm, but yes, we're working to expand so that every type of unit feels unique.
I like your point on their reaction, how they feel rather robotic than human. Thanks for the good ideas!
Also we're testing & thinking to feature out how to make dialogues more optional, so players can play just for the combat.
just the look of the game is great i cant wait to play this week the game look like its going to be fun
Hmm...Could use some music, but that's nitpicking. The main issue I've seen is when you tab out and work on something else--coming back to the game rewards you with a black screen, having only the characters available (at least during fights).
Thank you for your feedback! We'll work on fixing the issue you've encountered(as well as adding music!)
Wow, a reply. I'm surprised at the level of service--normally indie developers don't bug fix.
Good luck! I'm looking forward to seeing all there is for this game. : >